Monday, June 4, 2007

Enjoying the View

Woods Canyon Lake, Mogollon Rim, Arizona

Michalangelo's Piazza, Florence, Italy
I always loved to take photos of Cecil....and he was very patient with me and my photography passion most of the time. I have a friend, Brian, who says, "There is a fine line between hobbies and mental illness for many people." At times, Cecil would have said I may have crossed the line but because he loved to see me happy, he encouraged and supported all my photographic needs, desires, and compulsions.
I especially like to take photos of the back of people in order to be able to also see the view as it is being seen by the person. I know he relished enjoying the views whether it was the natural beauty of northern Arizona or the majestic beauty of Renaissance Florence. Cecil loved life and adventure and his joyful spirit filled our home, our tent trailer, our houseboat, and my soul. If he would have had a motto, it would be 'Carpe Diem,' which he lived by everyday. I loved our life and our adventures. I love him and miss him beyond any words, pictures, poems, or songs.