Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Beach, Wishes, and Cecil

Cecil on Hanalei Beach, Dec 2005

Cecil loved all beaches but loved no beach more than the beach in Hanalei, Kauai. We spent our honeymoon on this beach in Kauai and have returned for many winter vacations over the New Year holiday. I know he wanted his ashes to be spread at the beach and he would prefer Hanalei Beach but I am not certain I can return here without him but perhaps with time.

I have been able to do some of our favorite things without him. This morning I took my first solo bike ride on the canal to the Biltmore for about an eleven mile ride. I even took a bike class last week to learn how to change a tire and fix the gears. I never needed to know this information since Cecil knew how to fix everything, including our bikes. The bike ride was good but not as much fun as with him. While I am feeling better everyday, I am not sure anything will be as much fun as it was with Cecil. I also know his wish is for me to be happy and enjoy everyday. I am doing the best I can to fulfill his wishes.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Forgive me for this, but would it be possible for you to put me in touch with Bill Kidwell? If it's the right Bill K., he's an old family friend I'd like to get in touch with. Thanks.